The color to CONFIDENCE
Customize your TAN!
Visit our convenient McHenry location. Always clean and friendly service!
Light, Medium & Dark $15
Regular Spray $25
Multiple Spray Packages Available
Mystic Tan & Airbrush Tanning
© 2017 Tropic Stop Tan. All rights reserved.
BEFORE: Prep Your Skin
1. For best results, exfoliate before your session and focus on the driest areas — elbows, knees, hands, feet and the backs of your ankles. Try to avoid waxing or other spa treatments the day of your spray tan. Tropic Stop Tan provides a barrier cream for additional protection for these areas.
2. The day of your spray tan, don’t use moisturizers unless they are specifically formulated for sunless tanning (i.e., oil-free).
What to Wear
3. Avoid wearing perfumes, deodorant or makeup that can create a barrier for absorption. Avoid wearing tight clothing and shoes such as boots, socks or tights, which may rub off some of the spray tan and cause uneven results.
4. Wear dark, loose-fitting clothes.
SPRAY TAN TIP: If possible, wear nail polish. Even if your nail polish is clear coat, it will help protect your nails from discoloration.
5. Once you’re set up in one of our private and secure tanning rooms, undress to your level of comfort. If you choose not to spray tan nude, wear a swimsuit or undergarment that you don’t mind possibly staining. Be sure to remove all jewelry and wear one of the protective hair caps provided to you by Tropic Stop Tan.
Prep & Protect
6. As mentioned in step 1, barrier cream is an important element for prepping your spray tan. Apply a light layer of the cream in areas where skin tends to be rougher — hands, fingers, feet, toes and the sides of your feet. Don’t forget to apply to your cuticles, as well. These areas tend to soak up more spray solution.
7. Avoid the following for at least 4-8 hours after your spray session.
-Bathing or swimming:
-Activities that make you sweat heavily
SPRAY TAN TIP: Swimming in chlorinated pools will quickly break down your spray tan. We suggest avoiding entirely, if possible.
Keep Your Glow Longer
8. Moisturize daily with a post-sunless product, such as a tan extender, available for purchase in the lobby.
Beware: Drugstore lotions may contain oils and other ingredients that can shorten the life of your spray tan.
9. Avoid body washes that contain harsh soaps, exfoliants or oils. These ingredients can also shorten the life of your tan.
10. Avoid using pore strips, bandages and exfoliants (until you’re ready to spray again).
If you follow these tips before, during and after spray tanning, your tan can last up to 7 days.
Custom Airbrush Spray Tanning available in our McHenry location. Appointment required,
call (815) 385-4818 to book yours today!